“The PCA crew is leagues above
the competition” - Pepsico
"a prior vendor failed to develop
the application, which (Practical) delivered." - Franklin Park
"the application (is) easier to use, with a
much simpler, more intuitive use interface" - Royal Administration Services
"Sometimes it's the things you don't ask for
that are important" - Royal Administration Services
"PCA turned our raw data and algorithms into easy to use
and understand features and reports." - CareScout
"The quality and professionalism ... has been
so outstanding that we want to send you a letter of thanks." - USALCO
"PCA people and applications stand out by
far exceeding our expectations." - USALCO
"The resulting application greatly increas(ed)...
our business effectiveness and efficiency." - The Advest Group
"PCA completes projects
efficiently and effectively" - Pepsico
Practical Computer Applications (PCA) is frequently engaged by ISVs who have built a business on a highly-customized product offering this is outdated and/or underpowered e.g. MS Access, FoxPro, etc. and need to reinvigorate growth by migrating to a commercial-class, Internet-enabled scalable platform. Your customer retention during this migration phase is a key consideration. Common reasons that drive ISVs to migrate include:
- Poor customer experience i.e. slow application performance, poor data integrity, security, deficient reporting, etc.
- Customers need a true multi-user/multi-site Internet-enabled solution
- High operating costs associated with expensive programming, manual upgrades and customer support issues
- MS Access installations and upgrades costly and problematic
- New features/capabilities are needed, which are expensive and/or impractical with MS Access
- Competitors offering a true Internet-enabled solution
- Customer perception of value is undermined by MS Access
- The business is seeking an exit, and wants to avoid the significant ‘legacy code discount’
If you and your customers have outgrown the limited capabilities that MS Access or other underpowered solutions can provide, and you are experiencing increased operational, competitive and customer support costs, Practical can partner with you to take your existing application to the next level. We have in-depth experience designing and building next-generation software offerings from complex legacy systems, and providing the types of services that are unique (and critical) to the success of software vendor migrations.
We appreciate that you are ‘betting the farm’ on your decision. If you are searching for a design/development partner you can trust to get your business application converted to a modern, scalable and extensible platform using standard Microsoft application components, PCA can help.
Independent Software Vendor Clients
PCA has a solid track record of successful ISV product migrations with exceptional results: a more robust and scalable Internet-enabled software offering that delivers much greater customer value, with significantly reduced operational costs and complexities.
Call us at 1-877-843-3405 or use our form to request more information.
Most Popular Pages
Recent Posts: Practical Blog
- Power View empowered practical Smart Client applications
- Tableau vs Qlikview and Tableau vs Spotfire
- Data, Story, View: Prototype and Update
- 2012 starts with Tableau 7.0
- SQL Server 2012 is good for Data Visualization
- Spotfire 4.0 is available
- Introduction of QlikView 11
- VisiCalc jubilee and history of Excel
- Data Visualization 2011: Omniscope 2.6
- Data Visualization 2011: Spotfire 3.3, Silver 2.0
- Data Visualization 2011: Tableau 6.1
- SQL Server 2012 is released for Preview