Tableau Software is one of the three or four most advanced Data Visualization tools that Practical Computer Applications (PCA) uses in it’s consulting practice for Business Intelligence (BI) applications. Tableau stands out from the crowd by it’s ability to read SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services ) Cubes and OLAP (On Line Analytical Processing) Multidimensional Cubes. PCA uses Tableau to present the data in charts and interactive dashboards that are easy to use and provide business intelligence data to end users in real time. PCA can import data from most data sources into Tableau, including local PowerPivot databases, Oracle, SQL, and MS Access and provides an excellent web-based Zero-Footprint Client (ZFC). PCA distributes Tableau’s free Desktop Reader with our business dashboard applications facilitating our clients’ ability to distribute Data Visualization Dashboards to practically any user. Our Smart Client technology furthers our ability to take advantage of modern powerful CPU’s, Memory and O/S archetecture resulting in faster, cheaper better analytical applications.
PCA’s Tableau designers have experience designing and developing visual analytics and dashboard applications with Tableau. Our data visualization experts may recommend Tableau-based data visualizations as part of our delivery to our customers if client requirements include:
- Dashboards with access to SSAS Multi-Dimensional Cubes
- Ability to utilize both simple end-user dashboards in Tableau and MS Excel as front ends to their SSAS Cubes/Microsoft SQL Server data
- Easy to use visualization of Excel PowerPivot databases
- SaaS and Web interfaces to analytical applications and dashboards
- Distribution of data visualizations to desktop PCs for demanding users
If your requirements differ, PCA will work with you to understand your data information needs and your current data structure. Based on our 20 years of experience in custom database development including Smart Clients, SQL, MS Access and Excel combined with today’s data visualization tools we can design and implement a solution that will work to meet your information needs.
Tableau Examples: The following is an example of a simple interactice dashboard that PCA built. Use this demo to drill down to determine business information such as how many incidences occurred at each location that were “critical”, caused by “personnel” and resulted in a “spill”. This shows just a few of the many options for displaying information. PCA will work with you to determine the best visualization for your data and business issues. Click on the graphic to use the interactive demo.
Safety Incident Dashboard: Drilldown Demo (click on image to open)
What type of data patterns is your company trying to visualize?
What is your company’s underlying database?
Other data visualization tools
If you are interested in professional presentation of your data and all the analysis capabilities of today’s data visualization and BI tools contact us.
Most Popular Pages
Recent Posts: Practical Blog
- Power View empowered practical Smart Client applications
- Tableau vs Qlikview and Tableau vs Spotfire
- Data, Story, View: Prototype and Update
- 2012 starts with Tableau 7.0
- SQL Server 2012 is good for Data Visualization
- Spotfire 4.0 is available
- Introduction of QlikView 11
- VisiCalc jubilee and history of Excel
- Data Visualization 2011: Omniscope 2.6
- Data Visualization 2011: Spotfire 3.3, Silver 2.0
- Data Visualization 2011: Tableau 6.1
- SQL Server 2012 is released for Preview