“The PCA crew is leagues above
the competition” - Pepsico
"a prior vendor failed to develop
the application, which (Practical) delivered." - Franklin Park
"the application (is) easier to use, with a
much simpler, more intuitive use interface" - Royal Administration Services
"Sometimes it's the things you don't ask for
that are important" - Royal Administration Services
"PCA turned our raw data and algorithms into easy to use
and understand features and reports." - CareScout
"The quality and professionalism ... has been
so outstanding that we want to send you a letter of thanks." - USALCO
"PCA people and applications stand out by
far exceeding our expectations." - USALCO
"The resulting application greatly increas(ed)...
our business effectiveness and efficiency." - The Advest Group
"PCA completes projects
efficiently and effectively" - Pepsico
MS Excel Web Applications
The consultants at Practical Computer Applications (PCA) provide MS Excel web applications for use over the internet. The fastest and easiest way to use Microsoft Excel on the web is to integrate it with Microsoft SQL Server and .NET. This approach enables everyone in your organization to continue to use Excel. The benefits are very practical:
- All of the time and effort invested in the spreadsheet, including training, is preserved.
- MS Excel templates can continue be used to capture and import business data to and from third party systems, such as ERP and accounting systems.
- With Microsoft SQL Sever and .NET running in the background, the data can be controlled in a secure way, will be consistent across the organization, and made available through role-based authorization.
PCA enables MS Excel with data security and consistency. Read more about PCA’s expertise in SQL Server Consulting.
Even better performance can be achieved by converting an MS Excel spreadsheet application to an MS Smart Client application using .NET. Data can still be imported, exported, viewed and analyzed in MS Excel. But, with a .NET Smart Client, work flow, formulas, and data manipulation are more structured. The database application provides for consistent data entry, and generally easier and more straightforward user interfaces. This table compares the various performance aspects of Excel vs .NET applications. You can clearly see the advantages of using .NET and PCA has the experts to create a .NET application to meet your needs. Read more about Smart Clients and .NET applications.
|MS Excel||.NET Application|
|Security||One size fits all:
password protected XLS
application, form and field levels
(file data stamp)
(date and email comparisons)
(full audit trail)
Call the experts at PCA for help with your business application at (617) 527-4722.
If you are interested in different ways to visualize the data in your Excel database, see an example of Data Visualization utilizing an Excel Web Application.
Most Popular Pages
Recent Posts: Practical Blog
- Power View empowered practical Smart Client applications
- Tableau vs Qlikview and Tableau vs Spotfire
- Data, Story, View: Prototype and Update
- 2012 starts with Tableau 7.0
- SQL Server 2012 is good for Data Visualization
- Spotfire 4.0 is available
- Introduction of QlikView 11
- VisiCalc jubilee and history of Excel
- Data Visualization 2011: Omniscope 2.6
- Data Visualization 2011: Spotfire 3.3, Silver 2.0
- Data Visualization 2011: Tableau 6.1
- SQL Server 2012 is released for Preview