“The PCA crew is leagues above
the competition” - Pepsico
"a prior vendor failed to develop
the application, which (Practical) delivered." - Franklin Park
"the application (is) easier to use, with a
much simpler, more intuitive use interface" - Royal Administration Services
"Sometimes it's the things you don't ask for
that are important" - Royal Administration Services
"PCA turned our raw data and algorithms into easy to use
and understand features and reports." - CareScout
"The quality and professionalism ... has been
so outstanding that we want to send you a letter of thanks." - USALCO
"PCA people and applications stand out by
far exceeding our expectations." - USALCO
"The resulting application greatly increas(ed)...
our business effectiveness and efficiency." - The Advest Group
"PCA completes projects
efficiently and effectively" - Pepsico
Smart Cloud Computing
Smart Client Clouds, a true merger of the desktop and the Internet. Rich Internet Applications, which look and perform just like Microsoft Office/Desktop applications, are deployed, automatically maintained, and can share real-time SQL Server Databases directly over a secure Internet that is powered by on-demand server resources and web services data.
You get the benefits of high performance desktop applications, which do not require re-training. Yet, the data used by the applications and the applications themselves are coordinated across a secure cloud.
Practical Computer Applications (PCA) is delivering on the promise of Smart Cloud Computing today. We offer intelligent provisioning of database server infrastructure and bandwidth resources, as well as the flexible coupling of third-party web services. The result is a very stable, highly scalable and secure Smart Client Cloud environment that enables employees, partners and your customers to share and manage large amounts proprietary information, without the inflexibility and capital expenses common to many Intranet solutions.
The Smart Cloud: RIA + On-demand Server & Web Services Resources
Smart Client Clouds combine the benefits of Rich Internet Applications that look and perform just like Microsoft Office desktop applications. They are deployed and automatically maintained. They enable real-time MS SQL Server Database sharing directly over a secure Internet that is powered by on-demand server resources and web services data.
Smart Client Clouds, a true merger of the desktop and the Internet, are viewed by many to represent the next major wave in computing platforms.
Key Smart Cloud Computing Advantages
PCA has already built-out the Smart Cloud Computing value chain — our business relationships and technical integrations with RackSpace, web service providers, and 3rd-party Smart Client application controls enable rapid design and deployment of custom Smart Cloud solutions that offer Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions. Advantages that Practical can bring to bear on your Internet database application needs include:
- Agility — rapidly and inexpensively re-provision server and bandwidth infrastructure resources, as needed
- Low Cost — capital expenditures (CapEx) converted to operational expenditures (OpEx) that is continually adjusted to reflect actual usage
- Device and Location Independence — employees, partners and customers able to connect and share data with one another, anywhere Internet services is available
- Scalability — “On-demand” dynamic provisioning of database server resources, with reliable access to loosely-coupled web services
Call us at 1-877-843-3405 or use our form to request more information.
Most Popular Pages
Recent Posts: Practical Blog
- Power View empowered practical Smart Client applications
- Tableau vs Qlikview and Tableau vs Spotfire
- Data, Story, View: Prototype and Update
- 2012 starts with Tableau 7.0
- SQL Server 2012 is good for Data Visualization
- Spotfire 4.0 is available
- Introduction of QlikView 11
- VisiCalc jubilee and history of Excel
- Data Visualization 2011: Omniscope 2.6
- Data Visualization 2011: Spotfire 3.3, Silver 2.0
- Data Visualization 2011: Tableau 6.1
- SQL Server 2012 is released for Preview